Privacy notice for customers
Welcome to the Garden Veterinary Group privacy notice.
Garden Veterinary Group respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Please use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
This privacy notice covers the following content:
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your registration with any of our practices and use of our website, including any data you may provide through our website when you sign up to our newsletter, or purchase a product or service.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements any other notices and is not intended to override them.
VetPartners Practices Limited t/a Garden Veterinary Group is the data controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Garden Veterinary Group”, “we“, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are: VetPartners Practices Limited t/a Garden Veterinary Group, registered in England and Wales, under company number 10084952; Registered Office: Leeman House, Station Business Park, Holgate Park Drive, York YO26 4GB
Data Compliance Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: c/o Spitfire House, Aviator Court, Amy Johnson Way, York YO30 4UZ
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 10 September 2019 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Links to third-party websites
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual (the ‘Data Subject’) from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Pet Data including the name, species, breed, gender, insurance records and medical history of your pet(s).
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and veterinary services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and veterinary services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for certain purposes. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law, as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or veterinary services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including:
- Direct interactions.You may give us your Identity, Contact, Pet and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- register with one of our practices;
- request our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback on our products or services.
- Third parties or publicly available sources.We may receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers [such as Google based outside the EU];
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services [such as PAYPAL based outside the EU]
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we are about to enter or have entered into a contract for the delivery of veterinary services with you.
- Where processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) as well as your interests, and your fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Please refer to the Glossary to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are (where appropriate).
Note that we may process your personal data on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. If you would like to know more about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data (where more than one ground has been set out), please contact us.